Under 18 Mixed Championships
RULES OF THE GAME
1. The games will be played under the current WIBC Laws of the Sport
2. A Team shall consist of 5 from 6 nominated players who will form a Single, Pair, Triple and Four. A minimum of one female/male in each side.
3. Each bowl must bear the New World Bowls Stamp, also an existing stamp due to expire at the end of 2015 will be considered valid until the due expiry date, together with an individual distinguishing mark on each side of the bowl. Any dispute must in the first instance be brought to the attention of the respective Team Manager, before reporting to the Hon. Secretary.
4. Players competing in the Under 18’s International Series are available to represent their country in the appropriate year if under the age of eighteen years on the 30th September deemed to be the start of the playing season,
5. Matches shall consist of:-
a. A Single with 4 Bowls of 2 Sets of 9 ends with, in the event of a tie break, with the shot only counting. A Tie Break shall be One End of 4 bowls each, if there isn’t a clear winner then the match shall be decided on a one bowl shootout.
b. A Pair with 2 Bowls of 2 Sets of 9 ends with, in the event of a tie break, with the shot only counting. A Tie Break shall be One End of 2 bowls each, if there isn’t a clear winner then the match shall be decided on a one bowl shootout.
c. A Triple with 2 Bowls of 2 Sets of 7 ends with, in the event of a tie break, with the shot only counting. A Tie Break shall be One End of 2 bowls each, if there isn’t a clear winner then the match shall be decided on a one bowl shootout.
d. A Four with 2 Bowls of 2 Sets of 6 ends with, in the event of a tie break, with the shot only counting. A Tie Break shall be One End of 2 bowls each, if there isn’t a clear winner then the match shall be decided on a one bowl shootout.
e. In the Pairs, Triples and Fours a 1 Bowl Shootout requires the nomination of a player to represent his/her team.
6. In the event of a Jack being hit off the Rink, it will be replaced at one of the two predefined points on the Rink, which are halfway between the centre line of the rink and the edge of the rink in line with the T. If the jack is hit off to the right of the rink it will be repositioned on the right predefined point. If the jack is hit off to the left of the rink it will be repositioned on the left predefined point. When the predefined point is occupied the jack will be repositioned at the nearest available position along a line along the predefined point and the T, but not touching an obstructing wood.
7. Matches in all four events:- Singles, Pairs, Triples & Fours will be based upon a Knockout system of Quarter Final, Semi Final & Final. Players from each team will contest the Pairs or Triples and Singles or Fours, with the availability of using the 6th player, as and when, required in any of the four events in any Round.
8. Points will be awarded for each of the four events as follows:- Winner 10pts, Runner Up 8pts, 3rd Place 6pts, 4th Place 5pts, 5th place 4pts, 6th place 3pts, 7th place 2pts and 8th place 1pt.
9. Gold, Silver & Bronze medals will be awarded to First, Second and Third in each of the four events and the overall Winning Team will receive the overall Trophy.
10. The overall Winning TeaIn will be decided as follows
a The total points claimed by each counhtry over the four disciplines will be added together.
b Countries having two teams in the event will have their totals added togeher and divided by 2.
c The Country with the highest total will be awarded the overall yrophy.
d In the event of two or more sides being equal on points the side with the highest aggregrate net shots shall be declared the winner.
11. The Chief Umpire’s decision on all matters is Final.
Programme of Events
Friday 9th October 2015
6.30 p.m. Evening Meal
7.30 p.m. Team Practice
Saturday 10th October 2015
9.15 a.m. Opening Ceremony
9.30 a.m. Photo Call
9.45 a.m. 1st Session Rinks 1 - 4 Quarter Finals of Pairs,
Rinks 5 - 8 Quarter Finals of Triples
11.45 a.m. 2nd Session Rinks 1 - 4 Semi Finals of Triples & 5th to 8th
Rinks 5 - 8 Semi Finals of Pairs & 5th to 8th
1.45 p.m. LUNCH
2.45 p.m. 3rd Session Rinks 1 – 4 Pairs Final, Play off for 3 v 4, 5 v 6 & 7 v 8
Rinks 5 - 8 Triples Final, Play off for 3 v 4, 5 v 6, 7 v 8
5.00 p.m. 4th Session Rinks 1 – 4 Quarter Finals of Singles,
Rinks 5 – 8 Quarter Finals of Fours
7.15 p.m. EVENING MEAL
8.30 p.m. Return to Hotel
Sunday 11th October 2015
9.15 a.m. 5th Session Rinks 1 – 4 Semi Finals of Fours & 5th to 8th
Rinks 5 – 8 Semi Finals of Singles & 5th to 8th
11.30 a.m. 6th Session Rinks 1 – 4 Singles Final, Play off for 3 v 4, 5 v 6, 7 v 8
Rinks 5 – 8 Fours Final, Play off for 3 v 4, 5 v 6, 7 v 8
1.45 p.m. Closing Ceremony, Presentation followed by Lunch
|< Prev||Next >|